Tuesday, March 10, 2015

This Girl is on FIRE!

30 Weeks Pregnant

My son, Corban Avery, will officially be here in 10 weeks!  My husband and I are very excited, but we are also very nervous of becoming a family of four.  We just got used to our family of three!  I take comfort in the knowledge that God is the author of life, and He will provide during our times of need.

Week 1 of PiYO and Shakeology

My first week of PiYO went a lot better than expected!  Seriously y'all, I haven't worked out very much during this pregnancy.  I was extremely sick during my first trimester (um, exercise?  Excuse me while I hang my head on the toilet).  Once I got over that (whew! PTL!), I began to walk with some girlfriends at the park to get myself and my son out of the house.  Then, the weather became too cold for us warm bodies here in Wilmington.  And by cold, I mean in the 50s.  What can I say, we're spoiled!  This was a tough winter though.  The stomach flu ran rampant in our house, and it took me well over a month to finally start to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Needless to say, I was out of shape.  Shall we call it, a bit doughy? ;)

I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous starting PiYO.  Last time I did a Beach Body workout when I was out of shape (ahem, I would NOT suggest doing this!) I could hardly walk the next day I was so sore!  Beach Body is serious with their workouts, and Shaun T means business y'all!  Not the same with PiYO.  PiYO offers modifications for those of us who are not in the best shape of their lives, or who are not as flexible as a rubber band.  My hamstrings are about as stretchy as a zip tie, so I not only needed the modifications for my big and growing belly, but I needed it for my flexibility (or lack thereof).  The next day, I could feel that my muscles we were warm and slightly sore, but it wasn't hard on my body at all!  I would definitely suggest this workout program for people who have been out of the game for a little while, but ready to slowly get back in.  Or, for people who are in shape but desperately need to work on their toning and flexibility.  Charlene will work you!  My son even enjoyed it with me!

The Shakeology is a whole other deal!  I have allowed it to take place of my prenatal vitamin (per my midwife's instructions) because it has so many vitamins in it!  It has helped give me TONS of energy during this pregnancy (which lemme tell you, is NOT easy in the third trimester with a needy 10 month old!).  It has also helped curb my appetite so I'm not so apt to munch during the day, which I've been guilty of quite often.

Unfortunately, I have been put on bed-rest for a few days until I can quit having so many contractions.  What?  Contractions?  Is it due to PiYO, you ask?  Perhaps due to the abundance of vitamins in my Shakeology?  Why no, my friends!  Let me just allow the picture below to do some talking:


Nope!  That is not a shadow.  That is our very CRISP back yard.  Let me just tell you this story for a slight break of entertainment: It has been cold and rainy in Wilmington for quite a while.  It was actually a very pretty day, so we decided to have a bonfire to burn some of the extra debris we had collected over the last few weeks.  Not only was it pretty, but it was a smidge windy.  So my husband walks around to the front of the house to get something, while I'm sitting with our 10 month old watching the fire.  I notice that the fire catches some of the grass around our fire pit, which is no big deal.  It's happened before, and my husband is able to stomp it out pretty quickly.  I wait for my husband to come back, and wait, and wait... and the fire starts spreading a little bit.  I start hollering to my husband, and he comes around to stomp it out.  Well, let me tell y'all, that wind just TOOK the fire. It started spreading so FAST!  I didn't want to just sit there and watch my yard (or worse, our neighbor's yard!) burn up, so I try to help stomp out the fire while my husband goes to get the water hose.  

On a side note, I have always admired my husband for his ability to remain calm in stressful situations.  I'm not kidding, he has a very calming and controlled presence.  I fell in love with this part of his personality when we first met!  However, this was a time I didn't want him to be calm.  He was completely put together, and I felt like I was going to LOSE it!  So, because he wasn't making such a big deal out of this, I (of course) needed to overcompensate for the big deal I felt it was.  Just picture it: a 30 week pregnant woman, holding a 10 month old, wearing flip flops, stomping all around the yard, screaming "DO WE NEED TO CALL 911?! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO! WHAT IF IT GETS INTO OUR NEIGHBOR'S YARD?! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DOOOOOO?!?!"  I finally decided to run to my neighbor's house and hand off my son, and borrow their hose too.  Now, I'm sprinting (well, I feel like I was sprinting.  Probably more like a fast waddle ;)) and hauling their hose over to help tame the fire that was spreading.

Needless to say, this was quite stressful on my and my growing belly.  Contractions began once my adrenaline cooled, and they continued into the next day.  So I've been on bed rest since then, and it is not easy with a 10 month old!  But, I have gotten lots of snuggle time, which is nice!

I am already beginning to feel better (praise the Lord!) and plan on starting back to PiYO within the next couple of days, with my midwife's approval.  However, while recovering from the chaos, I have continued to drink my Shakeology.  It has helped to keep me energized during my couch potato time.  Hopefully week 2 of PiYO will go more smoothly and continuous.  I will keep y'all posted!  Thanks for checking it out!

(Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in learning more about Beach Body products!  Fitmombeachbody@gmail.com ).

No comments:

Post a Comment